Pick-up is at 09:30 AM at the Reims Centre Train Station forecourt.
Tour and Champagne tasting at a Family Grower.
More than 4 000 family wine makers contribute to the prestige of Champagne and maintain the Tradition on from generation to generation, for one aim: the true expression of Champagne. Visit of the production’ site followed by a tasting of several cuvées.
Sightseeing of the city of Reims: Grandes Maisons de Champagne, Cathedral...
We'll drive through the bustling streets of Reims to show you some famous Champagne Houses, the beautiful City Center and its imposing Cathedral, and point out places like the Royal Square, the majestic City Hall, Roman Oratory Ruins and THE widest standing Roman Arch in the world! On the Unesco World Heritage List, the 13th-Century Notre-Dame de Reims is one of Europe's most important Gothic structures - and is where most of the Kings of France were coronated through the ages.
On the way to Epernay, we take you to the Marne River Valley, we'll pause in picture-perfect vineyards then go meet a prestigious personality of the area: Dom Pérignon, Champagne Wine's Spiritual Father. He contributed heavily to the fame of Champagne and is now buried in the church of the former Benedictine Abbey, in the charming hillside village of Hautvillers. We'll pay our respects there before heading down the meticulously manicured slopes into Epernay for lunch.
Lunch at a local restaurant.
Enjoy a convivial lunch at a local restaurant including a starter, a main course, a glass of Champagne and a coffee.
Sightseeing of Avenue de Champagne in Epernay.
Located in the beating heart of Epernay, the town internationally known as the "Capital of Champagne", its stunning main street features a half-mile long exhibition of opulent mansions housing some of the most illustrious "Maisons de Champagne": Moët & Chandon, Perrier-Jouet, Pol Roger, Mercier, etc. Not to mention the miles and miles of naturally climate-controlled champagne production and storage tunnels deep below the pavement!
Tour and Champagne Tasting at a second family estate.
Before returning to Reims, you will experiment another family estate. Visit of the production’ site followed by a tasting of several cuvées.
Drop-off is at approximately 5:45 PM at the Reims Central Train Station forecourt (may change according to the traffic).
This tour includes
- Transportation in a comfortably appointed minivan
- An English-speaking Guide
- Entry tickets including tour & tasting at two family estates
- Lunch at a local restaurant
- The Avenue de Champagne sightseeing in Epernay
- Dom Perignon’s tomb, a stop in the middle of the Hautvillers vineyards
- Sightseeing of Reims' monuments and some of its famous Champagne Houses.
This tour does not include
- Personal expenses
- Guide appreciation gratuity,
- Optional hotel pick-up is available at 15.00 € per person (and only for hotels located in the core of Reims).
- Reims being only 60 minutes away from Paris by TGV, here is our train time table recommendation : to be advised shortly.